Why TAYA needs your support
- For more than a decade, TAYA has filled a critical gap in health care for an extremely vulnerable population in the Washington, DC Metropolitan Area—young women, unable to access or afford care in traditional medical settings or other local community based healthcare settings.
- In these difficult economic times, TAYA has seen the need for low cost reproductive health services increase dramatically.
- The clinic opened in September of 2000 and served over 500 patients in the first year. The number of patients seen quarterly has increased to well over 7,500 patient visits in the past year
- The majority of patients served by TAYA live at 100 percent of the federal poverty level, qualifying them for services at no cost.
- In addition to clinical services, TAYA serves over 2,000 youth annually with case management, counseling and referral services, as well as community based educational seminars and outreach activities.
- TAYA serves as a community leader in the provision of reproductive health services in the Washington DC Metropolitan Area.